Paper City Scribblings

Paper City Scribblings is a collection of rambling thoughts on Holyoke Massachusetts by Sarah Campbell, Curator of Historical Collections at Holyoke public Library in Holyoke, Massachusetts. Topics will include historical jaunts through Holyoke's past, History Room happenings, and Holyoke news.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States

My name is Sarah Campbell and I am the Curator of Historical Collections at Holyoke Public Library. I have my MA in Art History, my MS in Information Science with a concentration in Archival Management and my BA in English. While I live in South Hadley, I am a born Holyoker. I was born in Providence Hospital and have had a permanent link with Holyoke ever since. I went to Miss Jone's Story Book Nursery, the Children's House, and finally Holyoke Community College. I love Holyoke and am quite excited about the many fascinating things that are going on right now.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Fall History Room Hours

Good afternoon all!

As promised, I am posting the new hours independantly of a historical posting. We've added the night back in and the hours go a bit later every night. These hours will remain until next summer. However, there will be a hiatus for the room in December and there are a few holidays here and there and unexpected meetings. So do call (413) 552-2842 or email scampbell2003@hotmail.com for hours and to ask questions.

Monday:2-6
Tuesday:4-8
Wednesday:2-6
Thursday:1-5
Friday:9-1

Now Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon are available for those who need to make an appointment. However, you must call a week in advance and if you can't make the appointment, except in the case of emergencies, I will not schedule another appointment. You might find that I am a bit steely on this point, but in the past I ended up sitting around all day without having the person come in.

There are very specific hours available for Friday and Saturday that must be adhered to given the fact that when HCC closes, the History Room closes.

Friday Appointments: 2:30-4:30.
Saturday Appointments: 12-2.

If you do not have an appointment, I will not open the room.

Thank you for your cooperation and your consideration.

Sarah

Next- more images of the mural and the frog circus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home