Paper City Scribblings

Paper City Scribblings is a collection of rambling thoughts on Holyoke Massachusetts by Sarah Campbell, Curator of Historical Collections at Holyoke public Library in Holyoke, Massachusetts. Topics will include historical jaunts through Holyoke's past, History Room happenings, and Holyoke news.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States

My name is Sarah Campbell and I am the Curator of Historical Collections at Holyoke Public Library. I have my MA in Art History, my MS in Information Science with a concentration in Archival Management and my BA in English. While I live in South Hadley, I am a born Holyoker. I was born in Providence Hospital and have had a permanent link with Holyoke ever since. I went to Miss Jone's Story Book Nursery, the Children's House, and finally Holyoke Community College. I love Holyoke and am quite excited about the many fascinating things that are going on right now.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Passport Holyoke: Your guide to the City of Holyoke
Good Afternoon!

I thought that before I started on our next historical topic, Sante Graziani's mural series in the lobby of Holyoke Public Library, that I'd put in a plug for the Passport Holyoke site. Are you going to be in Holyoke area? Are you searching for something to do? Well, go to Passport Holyoke's site at
www.passportholyoke.org and you'll find all sorts of interesting things to do! Check back often as the calander of events changes often.

Passport Holyoke is a consortium of educational and cultural organizations in Holyoke. While each institution has its own unique identity, and provides individual programming, it is our hope that by banding together we can better promote Holyoke. The site has a complete listing of partners.

Keep an eye out for future city-wide events! We have some interesting things in the works! I plan on using this blog as a way to showcase future Holyoke happenings as well as to revisit past times.

Next: Sante Graziani's Mural series: Taking the terracotta blahhh out of Holyoke Public Library

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home