Paper City Scribblings

Paper City Scribblings is a collection of rambling thoughts on Holyoke Massachusetts by Sarah Campbell, Curator of Historical Collections at Holyoke public Library in Holyoke, Massachusetts. Topics will include historical jaunts through Holyoke's past, History Room happenings, and Holyoke news.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States

My name is Sarah Campbell and I am the Curator of Historical Collections at Holyoke Public Library. I have my MA in Art History, my MS in Information Science with a concentration in Archival Management and my BA in English. While I live in South Hadley, I am a born Holyoker. I was born in Providence Hospital and have had a permanent link with Holyoke ever since. I went to Miss Jone's Story Book Nursery, the Children's House, and finally Holyoke Community College. I love Holyoke and am quite excited about the many fascinating things that are going on right now.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Okaaay-

I guess that the photograph was too big for my last posting. So I guess this posting will be for showing the before and after views of the Holyoke Public Library. I cannot pretend to be an expert at the inner workings of web publishing but I muddle along as best that I can.

This is the before view. I believe that it was taken soon after the Library opened. You can see the space above the door that is now occupied by the mural depicting Holyoke's dam and paper industry.





And here is a view of the east wall mural as it looks today.




Quite a difference n'est pas?

Tune in next for a discussion on Graziani's attention to historical detail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home